Bleaching, which is frequently used among aesthetic dentistry applications; It acts on the enamel on the surface of the teeth and dentine, an inner layer of enamel. The coloring agents accumulated in microscopic pores and the dark color of the dentin tissue are removed with whitening agents and the color is opened. After determining the source of the coloration, it can be done under the control of the physician.
You can step into big irreversible problems by using things that are not checked by the Ministry of Health, such as tooth whitening powder, tooth whitening tape and gel. Teeth and gums are too valuable to be put at risk with such chemicals.
Does Whitening Damage Teeth?
Need to know for teeth whitening process; It is absolutely not harmful when applied to the appropriate patient with the right material and technique.
By looking at the meaning of this sentence, we can find out in what situations tooth whitening is harmful. It is not suitable for individuals with enamel defects, chronic sensitivity problems, and exposed root surfaces. Whitening gels approved by the Ministry of Health should be applied by the physician as described in the package insert. In this way, the irreversible problems that may occur are prevented.
Why Are Teeth Colored?
In order to determine which treatment the patient needs and achieve bleaching; First, the source of the coloring of the tooth should be investigated.
Colorations may be internal (related to the tooth structure and the systematic state of the person) or external (the person’s diet and habits).
- Internal stains have penetrated deep into the tissues of the tooth and cannot be removed by brushing. Excessive fluoride intake, antibiotics used during tooth formation and eruption, enamel defects fall into this area. Most people in this area can be achieved with bleaching.
- External coloration is caused by foods, beverages such as tea and coffee, and habits with high coloring properties such as smoking. We often hear the questions “Why would my teeth turn yellow?” “How does tooth jaundice go away?” And it is seen that most of these are external factors. Generally, they are largely removed by dental care and cleaning procedures.
Bleaching can be done according to the tooth color that occurs afterwards. The color of the dentin layer is whitened by the bleaching process. Teeth whitening prices 2018 1st Region Ankara TDB guide price list may be informative, but a physician examination is necessary to determine which procedure is required and the person is not suitable for this treatment.
Is All Teeth Whites?
No. First of all, why it occurred, its suitability to the system and the expectation of the person should be evaluated. Old treatments (Filling, Coating) in the mouth will not respond to this process, and some tooth structures and coloration types cannot be obtained. With a detailed examination, the physician will plan the necessary diagnosis and treatment. The answer to the question of whether anyone can have teeth whitening is the same.
Teeth Whitening Methods
- Office Type Bleaching: It is the most reliable system. It is used with special gel and ray source devices under the supervision of the physician. The process is completed in about 1 hour. Depending on the tooth structure, 2-4 tones of color are opened and then it is effective for a long time when you are paid attention to by the person. The number of sessions and whether it will be supported by an extra method is determined by the physician.
- Home Bleaching: It is a reliable bleaching system applied by the patient in the home environment by placing gels in molds prepared according to the measurements taken from the person. It can be combined with office whitening. With the type of gel and physician control, it is applied for about 5-7 days, for an average of 5 hours a day.
- Internal Bleaching: It is also referred to as lifeless tooth, root canal treatment, Devital whitening. Depending on the root canal treatment applied, an internal color reflection, which can be called blackening of the teeth, occurs over the years. In these cases where normal bleaching does not give results, a successful result is obtained with devital bleaching.
I Have Fillers and Veneers on My Anterior Teeth. Can I Have Bleaching?
There is no result. Whitening agents are effective on organic tissues. It does not have any whitening effect on filler and ceramic surfaces. Therefore, it is often preferred to apply ceramics and fillers after the priority whitening process. Your physician will provide the most accurate information.
Does Teeth Whitening Make Sensitivity?
24-hour sensitivity is observed in almost most office-type bleaching systems. The amount is not serious enough to reduce the comfort of life, but sensitivity is triggered in hot and cold foods. This is a situation we expect, it is temporary. Desensitizing gel to be applied by your dentist after the procedure and desensitizing toothpastes that can be used if needed can be the solution. This effect is not seen in other controlled bleaching systems. Unapproved and uncontrolled products purchased on the internet may cause sensitivities that do not pass, and extra treatments are required for their solution.
How Long Does The Whitening Effect Last?
Everyone wants a beautiful smile, white teeth and never spoiled. Dental care is as important as dental factors.
Dental care and cleaning before bleaching; The lifetime of the tooth color opened with agents afterwards is variable. The person continues the habits that cause the coloring, especially if you do not pay attention to the process that requires a lot of attention in the first week, the color will return in a short time. With good care and attention, it has been observed that the whiteness lasts for 2-3 years. Life of bleaching; It can be prolonged by paying attention to oral care and avoiding coloring foods.
Who Cannot Be Bleached?
- Anticipated to harm the bleaching process; The roots are exposed and it is not applied to people with gum problems.
- It is not applied to those with severe tooth sensitivity and common caries.
- Filling etc. that will not respond to bleaching in the anterior teeth, and then create a color difference. Not applicable in case of restorations.
- People who will continue to use tea, coffee, coloring food, smoking, especially for the first week after the treatment. This situation seriously reduces the life of bleaching.
- It is not applied because the results cannot be achieved in people with a lot of transparent feature of tooth enamel.
- It is not applied in pregnant women.
- It is not applied to people under the age of 15.
How is Office Laser Whitening Done?
All stains that can be removed with dental cleaning can be bleached after all factors that cause problems in gum health are eliminated.
- Lip protector is placed.
The tooth surface is brushed with fluoride-free paste immediately before bleaching.
- The gum protector is applied and hardened.
- This stage prevents chemicals to be applied to the teeth from damaging the gums.
- The gel is applied to the teeth in accordance with the conditions of use of the material used, it is activated, cleaned and applied again at regular intervals; followed by irradiation
In the following days, the things that need attention are explained in detail, can be continued with the home type or the treatment is completed.
How Much Are Teeth Whitening Prices?
Office type whitening prices and home type whitening prices vary. Oral health must first be brought to an optimal level. There are treatments that we plan for composite or porcelain laminate after bleaching according to the staining in patients who cannot be solved by bleaching.
You can get information from the Ankara list in the TDB guide price list, but the treatment plans and prices you will receive on the internet can be misleading. Whitening fees are around 1500-2500 Turkish Lira in laser office type applications.